Forums

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums PlanetInside Community Introductions Hi, I’m Luke!

• Author

Luke Gohegan
    Keymaster
        • Rookie Investigator
        • ★★

PlanetInside+

Hi Guys, My name is Luke. I am the creator of PlanetInside. Obviously as you can tell I am obsessed with the strange and the unexplained. I’m a self taught web developer and have created the majority of this website from scratch!

Rickeo
      Participant
          • New Comer

PlanetInside+

Luke what a fantastic website you have.

The effort that has gone into the design is beautiful, everything looks really nice and is smoothly integrated.

What a website to be proud of.

Just a quick note, when creating a new thread on Chrome the background of the text editor is white and the text I type in is white, so it’s very difficult to see. Not sure if it’s just a Chrome bug as not tried with another browser but it’s very off putting as you can’t see what you’re typing.

Replies (like the one I’m typing here) seem to be fine, it only seems to be creating new threads. If the editors background can be made dark black/blue like the rest of the website background it should fix the issue (I think).

Anyway keep up the great work!

Luke Gohegan
        Keymaster
            • Rookie Investigator
            • ★★

PlanetInside+

Thanks Rickeo! I’m still developing the site which is built on WordPress and using BBpress to run the forums, it’s not great! I am however developing my own forum plugin so hopefully I will be able to use that soon instead!

Rickeo
          Participant
              • New Comer

PlanetInside+

Thanks Rickeo! I’m still developing the site which is built on WordPress and using BBpress to run the forums, it’s not great! I am however developing my own forum plugin so hopefully I will be able to use that soon instead!

Awesome, really looking forward to creating some other topics in other sections of the forum.

I’ve struggled with BBPress myself you’ve done a lot better than myself as a webmaster, I found bbPress very difficult and not userfriendly, as much as I wanted to use it on my own websites to have an integrated forum I just couldn’t get it to function right.

Really looking forward to seeing the new forum layout when you get around to it.

Luke Gohegan
            Keymaster
                • Rookie Investigator
                • ★★

PlanetInside+

Actually, You can see a demo here: https://test.forumpress.co.uk/forums/

Built 100% the WordPress way. Got a long way to go before its properly live website safe to use but getting there!

Rickeo
              Participant
                  • New Comer

PlanetInside+

Did you code the forum yourself?

Luke Gohegan
                Keymaster
                    • Rookie Investigator
                    • ★★

PlanetInside+

If you are talking about the one on that link (forumpress) then yeah that’s my work. It’s built using custom post types! What do you think so far?

Rickeo
                  Participant
                      • New Comer

PlanetInside+

I think it’s really good and you’re a darn site more intelligent than me.

My coding skills are somewhat lackluster.

I hired someone to make me a custom myBB theme for my website but it got expensive to keep hiring the dude to fix all the bugs.

So I just switched to phpBB bought a decent theme and keep them separate now, sadly you can tell the forums and my blog are separate now though and the style doesn’t flow like yours does here.

Will be really cool to see the new forums when you have the style and theme all integrated like it is at the moment with bbpress.

I have to admit I love the overall design of your site, it’s rare for me to not fault something but you nailed it man.

Awesome looking website and the idea is awesome too, like I said kind of matches a little with one of my own projects.

Luke Gohegan
                    Keymaster
                        • Rookie Investigator
                        • ★★

PlanetInside+

Thank you so much! Although even with this site theres still a lot to be done. My problem is being involved with too many projects at once!

Tell me more about your own project!

Im really glad you like it 🙂 I have been promoting this website for a few months now. The response has been far less than I expected after the amount of work that I have put in this far (I’m a one man band!).

Rickeo
                      Participant
                          • New Comer

PlanetInside+

Well I have three projects really.

Advice For All (which you know about(
                        Free and Fearless (freeandfearless.org.uk) [remove links if not allowed] which is the one I said is a little like this, it focus’ more on conspiracies though.
                        Whitworth Online (whitworthonline.com) which is basically just a local news website for where I live.

I’m pretty much in the same situation as yourself, there are so many different things I want to work on I have to narrow them down and really focus on a couple of websites.

What other things do you run work on?

Also when’s the estimated release date of the new forums, looking forward to discussing a few different topics within the other sub forums.

Luke Gohegan
                        Keymaster
                            • Rookie Investigator
                            • ★★

PlanetInside+

I’m currently working on: https://pressgorilla.com https://forumpress and a few others but not worth listing yet.

The forums are working but they have no security yet so I need to bring that in.

Rickeo
                          Participant
                              • New Comer

PlanetInside+

OK Luke.

I’m just eager to get posting on a range of different topics that’s all, due to the other forums being locked on this board, I’m limited to what I can and can’t discuss and post about.

Luke Gohegan
                            Keymaster
                                • Rookie Investigator
                                • ★★

PlanetInside+

It won’t be too much longer, I promise! I’m eager to get some discussions going as well 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
                            Forums
                            Topics
                            Replies
                            Topic Tags

Send this to a friend

get_header(); ?>